The SD-WAN Gateway runs on a standard hypervisor (KVM or VMware ESXi).
Minimum Server Requirements
To run the hypervisor:
- 10 Intel CPU's at 2.0 Ghz or higher. The CPU must support the AES-NI, SSSE3, SSE4, and RDTSC instruction sets.
- 20+ GB (16 GB is required for SD-WAN Gateway VM memory)
- 100 GB magnetic or SSD based, persistent disk volume
- 2 x 1 Gbps (or higher) network interface. The physical NIC card supported are Intel 82599/82599ES and Intel X710/XL710 chipsets (for SR-IOV support).
Recommended Server Specifications
|Intel 82599/82599ES||HP DL380G9||http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2014/ComputeEra/HP_ProLiantDL380_DataSheet.pdf|
|Intel X710/XL710||Dell PowerEdge R640||https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/povw/poweredge-r640
|Intel X710/XL710||Supermicro SYS-6018U-TRTP+||https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/system/1U/6018/SYS-6018U-TRTP_.cfm
Recommended NIC Specifications
|Hardware Manufacturer||Firmware Version||Host Driver for Ubuntu 18.04||Host Driver for ESXi 6.7|
|Dual Port Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller XL710 for 40GbE QSFP+||7.0||18.104.22.168||1.8.6 and 22.214.171.124|
|Dual Port Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+||7.0||126.96.36.199||1.8.6 and 188.8.131.52|
|Quad Port Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+||7.0||184.108.40.206||1.8.6 and 220.127.116.11|
|Dell rNDC X710/350 card||nvm 7.10 and FW 19.0.12||18.104.22.168||1.8.6 and 22.214.171.124|
Supported Hypervisor Versions
SD-WAN Gateway Virtual Hardware Specification
For VMware, the OVA already specifies the minimum virtual hardware specification. For KVM, an example XML file will be provided. The minimum virtual hardware specifications are:
- 8 vCPUs
- 8 GB of memory
- Minimum of one vNICs:
- The First vNIC is the public (outside) interface, which must be an untagged interface.
- The Second vNIC is optional and acts as the private (inside) interface that can support VLAN tagging dot1q and Q-in-Q. This interface typically faces the PE router or L3 switch.
Important: Currently, Partner Gateway VLAN tagging is not supported on SR-IOV interfaces. To support VLAN tagging, use VMXNET3 on ESXi environment or use Linux Bridge with VLAN filtering on KVM
- Optional vNIC (if a separate management/OAM interface is required).
- 64 GB of virtual disk.
- The firewall needs to allow outbound traffic from the SD-WAN Gateway to TCP/443 (for communication with SD-WAN Orchestrator).
- The firewall needs to allow inbound traffic from the Internet to UDP/2426 (VCMP), UDP/4500, and UDP/500. If NAT is not used, then the firewall needs to also allow IP/50 (ESP).
- If NAT is used, the above ports must be translated to an externally reachable IP address. Both the 1:1 NAT and port translations are supported.
Git Repository with Templates and Samples
The following Git repository contains templates and samples.
git clone https://bitbucket.org/velocloud/deployment.git