This section describes the SD-WAN Gateway installation procedures.
In general, installing the SD-WAN Gateway involves the following steps:
- Create SD-WAN Gateway on SD-WAN Orchestrator and make a note of the activation key.
- Configure SD-WAN Gateway on SD-WAN Orchestrator.
- Create the cloud-init file.
- Create the VM in VMware or KVM.
- Boot the SD-WAN Gateway VM and ensure the SD-WAN Gateway cloud-init initializes properly. At this stage, the SD-WAN Gateway should already activate itself against the SD-WAN Orchestrator.
- Verify connectivity and disable cloud-init.
- SD-WAN Gateway supports both the virtual switch and SR-IOV. This guide specifies the SR-IOV as an optional configuration step.