This section describes the selection criteria used to determine Active and Standby Status.
- Check for the Edge that has a higher number (L2 and L3) LAN interfaces. The Edge with the higher number of LAN interfaces is chosen as the Active one. Note that the interface used for the HA link is not counted as a LAN interface.
- If both Edges have the same number of LAN interfaces, the Edge with the higher number of WAN interfaces is chosen as the Active one.
Note: There is no preemption if the two Edges have the same number of LAN and WAN interfaces.
- Additional Support Matrix:
- Static/DHCP/PPPoE links are supported.
- Multiple WAN links each tagged with a separate VLAN ID on a single interface (e.g. Sub-Interfaces) are supported.
- USB modems are not recommended on HA. The interface will not be used when present in the Standby Edge.