To request RMA reactivation using Zero Touch Provisioning:
- Log in to SD-WAN Orchestrator, and then go to Configure > Edges.
- Click the Edge that you want to replace. The Edge Overview page appears.
- Scroll down to the RMA Reactivation area, and then click Request Reactivation to generate a new activation key. The status of the Edge changes to Reactivation Pending mode.
Note: The reactivation key is valid for one month only. When the key expires, a warning message is displayed. To generate a new key, click Generate New Activation Key. For details, refer to RMA Reactivation.
- In the RMA Serial Number field, enter the serial number of the new Edge that is to be activated.
- From the RMA Model drop-down list, select the hardware model of the new Edge that is to be activated.
Note: If the Serial Number and the hardware model do not match the new Edge that is to be activated, the activation fails.
- Click Update.
The status of the new Edge changes to Reactivation Pending and the status of the old Edge changes to RMA Requested. To view the Edge State, go to Administration > Zero Touch Provisioning > Assigned.
- Complete the following tasks to activate the new Edge:
- Disconnect the old Edge from the power and network.
- Connect the new Edge to the power and network. Ensure that the Edge is connected to the Internet.
The new Edge is redirected to the SD-WAN Orchestrator where it is automatically activated. The status of the new Edge changes to Activated.
What to do next
Return the old Edge to VMware so that the logical entry for the old Edge with the state RMA Requested gets removed from the Administration > Zero Touch Provisioning > Assigned page.