After you assign the profile and license to an Edge and till the time you power-on the Edge to activate it, SD-WAN Orchestrator allows you to delete the Edge. If you have accidentally deleted an Edge, you can choose to provision a new logical Edge and reassign the inventory to the logical Edge so that when you power-on the physical Edge, the Zero Touch Provisioning feature works and the physical Edge is activated.
To assign inventory to a logical Edge:
- Log in to SD-WAN Orchestrator, and then go to Configure > Edges.
- Click New Edge. The Provision New Edge modal popup appears.
- Enter a name for the Edge, and then select the required Edge model, profile, and license.
- Click Create. The newly added logical Edge appears in the Edges table.
- Select the logical Edge entry that you just created, and then click Actions > Assign Inventory to Edge.
- From the Assign Inventory drop-down list, select the inventory that was originally assigned to the Edge, which you had accidentally deleted.
- Click OK.