To provision a SD-WAN Edge, perform the steps on this procedure.
Ensure you have the SD-WAN Orchestrator host name and admin account to login.
- Log in to the SD-WAN Orchestrator application as Admin user, with your login credentials.
The Orchestrator Home screen appears.
- Go to Configure > Edges.
- Click New Edge.
The Provision New Edge dialog box appears.
- In the Name text box, enter a unique name for the Edge.
- From the Model drop-down menu, select Virtual Edge.
- From the Profile drop-down menu, select Quick Start Profile and click Create.
The Edge is provisioned, and the activation key is displayed on the top of the page. Make a note of the activation key to use it for launching the Edge from the AliCloud Console.
- Configure Virtual Edge interfaces. The following steps are explained considering Topology A.
Note: If you are using an Edge instance with only two interfaces as illustrated in Topology B, then the public interface (GE2) will be used for both WAN and LAN connectivity. For the LAN network to point to the GE2 interface, under Static Route Settings, configure a static route on the Edge that points to the Private Subnet/VSwitch as shown in the following screenshot.
- Click the Device tab and go to the Interface Settings area.
- Click Edit corresponding to the GE2 Interface and select Override Interface checkbox.
- From the Capability drop-down menu, select Routed and click Update GE2.
- Click Edit corresponding to the GE3 Interface and select Override Interface checkbox.
- Deactivate WAN Overlay and NAT Direct Traffic, as this interface will be used LAN-side, and Click Update GE3.
- Under the Configure VLAN area, edit the VLAN settings to update the Edge LAN IP Address.
- (Optional) If you are using a Jump Host, to allow SSH access to the Edge from the jump server, make sure to enable the Support access for the Jump Host server’s IP in the Firewall page.
- Click Save Changes.