Enterprise Administrators can provision a single Edge or multiple Edges for Enterprise customers.
To create a new Edge, perform the following steps.
- In the Enterprise portal, click Configure > Edges.
- In the Edges screen, click New Edge at the top-right corner of the screen.
The Provision New Edge dialog box appears.
- In the Name textbox, enter a unique name for the Edge.
- From the Model drop-down menu, select an Edge model.
- From the Profile drop-down menu, select a profile to be assigned to the Edge.
- If an Edge Staging Profile is displayed as an option due to push activation, this profile is used by a newly assigned Edge, but has not been configured with a production Profile.
- If a customer has a Network-based Operator Profile, then the customer can only provision Network-based Edges. In addition, if a customer has a Segment-based Operator Profile, then the customer can only provision Segment-based Edges.
- From the Authentication drop-down menu, you can select one of the following certificates-based authentication options:
- Certificate Disabled - Edge uses a pre-shared key mode of authentication.
- Certificate Acquire - This option is selected by default and instructs the Edge to acquire a certificate from the certificate authority of the Orchestrator, by generating a key pair and sending a certificate signing request to the Orchestrator. Once acquired, the Edge uses the certificate for authentication to the Orchestrator and for establishment of VCMP tunnels.
Note: After acquiring the certificate, the option can be updated to Certificate Required.Note: With the Bastion Orchestrator feature enabled, the Edges that are to be staged to Bastion Orchestrator should have the Authentication mode set to either Certificate Acquire or Certificate Required.
- Certificate Required - Edge uses the PKI certificate.
- From the Edge License drop-down menu, select an Edge License from the available list. The list displays the licenses assigned to the Enterprise, by the Operator.
- In the Custom Info textbox, enter custom information associated with the edge
Customer information must not exceed 255 characters.Note: Super User and Standard Admin users of Enterprise/MSP/Operator roles (with UPDATE_EDGE privilege) can add or update the Custom Info for an edge.
- To apply High Availability (HA), select the High Availability checkbox. (Edges can be installed as a single standalone device or paired with another Edge to provide High Availability (HA) support.
- In the Serial Number textbox, enter the serial number of the Edge . If specified, the serial number must match the serial number of the Edge that will be activated.
- In the Contact Name and Contact Email textboxes, enter the name and email address of the site contact for the Edge.
- Click the Set Location link to set the location of the Edge.
- Click Create.
Note: The activation key expires in one month if the Edge device is not activated against it.
After you have provisioned an Edge, the Edge appears in the Edges screen.