This section describes how to install an SSL certificate.
To install an SSL certificate:
- Login into the SD-WAN Orchestrator CLI console through SSH. If you configured the SD-WAN Orchestrator as described here, you should be able to log into the virtual machine with the user name
vcadminand password that you defined when you created the cloud-init ISO.
- Generate the SD-WAN Orchestrator private key.
Note: Do not encrypt the key. It must remain unencrypted on the SD-WAN Orchestrator system.
openssl genrsa -out server.key 2048
- Generate a certificate request. Customize
-subjaccording to your organization information.
openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr -subj "/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Velocloud Networks Inc./OU=Development/CN=vco.velocloud.net"Description of Subject fields:
Field Description C country ST state L locality (city) O company OU department (optional) CN SD-WAN Orchestrator fully qualified domain name
- Send server.csr to a Certificate Authority for signing. You should get back the SSL certificate (server.crt). Ensure that it is in the PEM format.
- Install the certificate (which requires root access). SD-WAN Orchestrator SSL certificates are located in /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/.
cp server.key server.crt /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/ chmod 600 /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/server.key
- Restart nginx.
systemctl restart nginx