Operator Super Users can create new operator users. The SSH Username is automatically created for the user.
In the Operator portal, click Operator Users.
- You can create new operator users by clicking either New Operator, or .
- In the New Operator Account window, enter the following details:
- Enter the user details like username, password, Name, Email, and Phone numbers.
- If you have chosen the authentication mode as Native in Orchestrator Authentication, then the type of the user is selected as Native. If you have chosen a different authentication mode, you can choose the type of the user. If you choose the user to be Non-Native, the password option is not available, as it is inherited from the authentication mode.
- From the Access Level drop-down list, select one of the following options:
Note: Only Operator Super Users can modify the default value to Privileged.
- Basic—Allows the user to perform certain basic debug operations such as ping, tcpdump, pcap, remote diagnostics, and so on. This is the default value.
- Privileged—Grants the user root-level access to perform all basic debug operations along with Edge actions such as restart, deactivate, reboot, hard reset, and shutdown. In addition, the user can access linux shell.
- Select the user role from the Account Role drop-down list. Once you select a role, the Network and Security functions of the selected role, along with the description, are displayed.
- Click Create.
The user details are displayed in the Operator Users page.