A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a virtual private network in which you can deploy your cloud resources. The Cloud resources cannot be directly deployed in a VPC. They must be deployed in a VSwitch (subnet) of the VPC.
Ensure you have an AliCloud account and login information.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- Select the region in which you want to create a VPC.
The VPC must be in the same region as the cloud resources that you want to deploy.
- In the left navigation pane, click VPCs.
- On the VPC page, click Create VPC.
The Create VPC page appears.
- On the Create VPC page, set the following parameters, and then click OK.
- In the Name text box, enter the name for the VPC.
- Under IPv4 CIDR Block, select one of the following options:
- Default CIDR Block: Select 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12, or 10.0.0.0/8.
- Custom CIDR Block: Select 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12, 10.0.0.0/8, or their subnets. The CIDR block mask must be 8 to 24 bits in length.
During VPC creation itself, you can create one or more VSwitches by clicking the + Add button. For more information about creating a VSwitch, see Create a VSwitch.Note: After the VPC is created, you cannot change its IPv4 CIDR block.