You can configure the Multi-CGW segment as a Site Recovery Manager test network on a site level through network mapping or on a Recovery Plan level.
- Verify that you have created a site pair.
- Verify that you have created a Recovery Plan.
Configure the Multi-CGW Segment as a Site Recovery Manager Test Network on a site level
- On the Site Pair tab expand Configure, and click Network Mappings.
- Click New to create a new mapping.
- Select whether to create the mapping automatically or manually and click Next.
- Select the items on the protected site to map to items on the recovery site.
If you select manual mapping, you can map multiple items on the local site to a single item on the remote site. You can select only one item at a time on the remote site.
- If you selected automatic mapping, expand the inventory items on the left to select a parent node on the local site, for example a data center or a folder, then expand the inventory items on the right to select a parent node on the remote site.
- If you selected manual mapping, expand the inventory items on the left to select a specific object on the local site, then expand the inventory items on the right to select the object on the remote site to which to map this object.
- Click Add mappings.
The mappings appear at the bottom of the page. If you selected automatic mapping, Site Recovery Manager automatically maps all of the items under the node that you selected on the protected site to items that have the same name under the node that you selected on the recovery site.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) On the Prepare reverse mappings page, select the check box for a mapping.
Selecting this option creates corresponding mappings from the item on the remote site to the item on the local site. You require reverse mappings to establish bidirectional protection and to run reprotect operations. You cannot select this option if two or more mappings have the same target on the remote site.
- In the Test networks page, click Change and in the Edit Test Network page select the Multi-CGW Segment to use when you test recovery plans.
- Click Finish to create the mappings.
Configure the Multi-CGW Segment as a Site Recovery Manager Test Network on a Recovery Plan Level
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Click the Recovery Plans tab, right-click a recovery plan, and click Edit.
- In the Test Networks page, click CHANGE, select the Multi-CGW Segment as a test network, and click Save.
- Review the summary information and click Finish to make the specified changes to the recovery plan.
What to do next
Test the recovery plan and check if the replicated VM's network is the Multi-CGW segment.