You can cancel a recovery plan test or recovery whenever the status is test in progress or failover in progress.
When you cancel a test or recovery, Site Recovery Manager does not start processes, and uses certain rules to stop processes that are in progress. Canceling a failover requires you to re-run the failover.
- Processes that can be stopped are stopped and flagged as errors.
- Processes that cannot be stopped, such as powering on or waiting for a heartbeat, run to completion before the cancellation finishes.
The time it takes to cancel a test or recovery depends on the type and number of processes that are currently in progress.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Select the Recovery Plans tab, right-click a recovery plan, and select Cancel. You can also cancel the plan from the Recovery Steps tab.
What to do next
Run a cleanup after canceling a test.