You can configure the mappings for the virtual machines in a vSphere Replication protection group individually. This ability allows you to use different resources on the recovery site for different virtual machines.
You can configure individual inventory mappings on virtual machines in a vSphere Replication protection group even if you configured site-wide inventory mappings. If you did configure site-wide inventory mappings, you can remove protection from an individual virtual machine and configure the folder and resource mappings to override the site-wide mappings. You can change the network mapping for an individual virtual machine without removing protection.
You created a vSphere Replication protection group.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Select the Protection Groups tab, and select the protection group that includes the virtual machine to configure.
- On the right pane, click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Configure Protection.
- Configure inventory mappings by expanding the resources, selecting the Override site mappings checkbox, and selecting resources on the recovery site.
You can only change the folder, resource pool, and network mappings.
- Click OK.
If Site Recovery Manager successfully applied inventory mappings to the virtual machine, the status of the virtual machine is OK.
If Site Recovery Manager was unable to apply some or all of the inventory mappings, the status of the virtual machine is Not Configured or Mapping Missing.
If Site Recovery Manager applied the inventory mappings but was unable to create a placeholder virtual machine, the status of the virtual machine is Placeholder VM creation error.
- (Optional) If the status of the virtual machine is Not Configured or Mapping Missing, select Configure Protection again and check the inventory mappings.
- (Optional) If the status of the virtual machine is Placeholder VM creation error, check the placeholder datastore mapping at the site level, right-click the virtual machine, and select Recreate Placeholder.