Site Recovery Manager can suspend virtual machines on the recovery site during a recovery and a test recovery.
About this task
Suspending virtual machines on the recovery site is useful in active-active datacenter environments and where non-critical workloads run on recovery sites. By suspending any virtual machines that host non-critical workloads on the recovery site, Site Recovery Manager frees capacity for the recovered virtual machines. Site Recovery Manager resumes virtual machines that are suspended during a failover operation when the failover runs in the opposite direction.
You can only add virtual machines to suspend at the recovery site.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the VMware Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click Open.
- Select the Recovery Plans tab, click on a recovery plan, and select Recovery Steps.
- Right-click Suspend Non-critical VMs at recovery site and select Add Non-Critical VM.
- Select virtual machines on the recovery site to suspend during a recovery.
- Click Save.
Site Recovery Manager suspends the virtual machines on the recovery site when the recovery plan runs.