You can add steps that display message prompts that a user must acknowledge during a recovery.
You have a recovery plan to which to add custom steps.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the VMware Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click Open.
- On the Recovery Plans tab, select a recovery plan, and click Recovery Steps.
- Use the View drop-down menu to select the type of recovery plan run to which to add a step.
Add a step to run when you test a recovery plan.
Add a step to run when you perform planned migration or disaster recovery
You cannot add steps in the cleanup or reprotect operations.
- Select where to add the step.
To add a step before a step, right click the step and select Add Step Before.
To add a step after the last step, right click the last step and select Add Step After.
- In the Name text box, enter a name for the step.
The step name appears in the list of steps in the Recovery Steps view.
- In the Content text box, enter the message to display during the recovery plan run.
- Click Add to add the step to the recovery plan.
What to do next
You can right click the newly created step and select options to edit, delete or add steps before and after it.