Subscriptions allow you to save money by committing to buy a certain amount of capacity for a defined period.
A subscription is not required to use VMware Site Recovery. Any usage of the service not covered by a subscription is charged the on-demand rate.
You must have funds associated with your My VMware account that you can use to pay for the subscription.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud on AWS console at https://vmc.vmware.com/.
- Click Subscriptions.
- Click Create Subscription.
- Select the region in which the subscription applies.
- Select the number of virtual machines you want to protect as part of the subscription.
The total number of subscribed virtual machines cannot be more than the maximum allowed for your organization.
- Click NEXT to choose subscription terms.
The VMware Cloud on AWS console retrieves and displays the currently available subscription terms. Select a term and click NEXT to confirm payment.
- Review the summary and click PLACE ORDER.
You will receive a notification email indicating that your subscription order has been received. After the order has been processed, you will receive a second email notification letting you know either that your subscription is active, or that the subscription process failed. If the subscription failed, contact VMware support for assistance.