A test for connectivity to reach a specific port at a given FQDN from a cloud appliance like vCenter Server, Site Recovery Manager, or vSphere Replication fails.
A test for connectivity to a particular port at a given FQDN fails with the message Port port-number Connection timed out.
- A firewall rule in the current VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC or the remote site is blocking access to the port.
- The remote system with the given FQDN is powered-off.
- The remote site with the given FQDN is not working correctly.
- Check the firewall rules set in the VMware Cloud on AWS console to ensure that they are not blocking access to the specified port.
- Check the remote site firewall rules to ensure that they are not blocking access to the specific port.
- Check that the remote system with the given FQDN is powered-on and functioning correctly, and power on or restart it if necessary.