Before you can use VMware Site Recovery, you must connect the Site Recovery Manager Server and vSphere Replication instances on the protected and the recovery sites. This procedure is known as site pairing.
Verify that you have installed Site Recovery Manager Server instances at the protected and recovery sites
- In the vSphere Web Client, click .
- Click the New Site Pair button.
- Select the first site from the list. Enter the address of the Platform Services Controller for the Site Recovery Manager Server on the second site, provide the user name and password, and click Next.
- Select the vCenter Server and the services you want to pair, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the pairing settings, and click Finish.
The protected and the recovery sites are connected. The pair appears under Site Pairs on the VMware Site Recovery Home tab.