This use case provides instructions for setting up VMware Site Recovery with a VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts SDDC protected site and a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC recovery site.
- Verify that the two sites are in the same organisation.
- Verify that the LGW route table is 0.0.0.0/0 or a subset that does not overlap with the SDDC's management CIDR.
- Make sure that the VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts SDDC and the VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC are added to the same SDDC group. For detailed information on how to create an SDDC group, see Create or Modify an SDDC Group in the VMware Cloud on AWS Operations Guide.
Connect the Site Recovery Manager Server Instances on VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts SDDC and the VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- Click the New Site Pair button.
- Select the first site from the list. Enter the address of the Platform Services Controller for the Site Recovery Manager Server on the second site, provide the user name and password, and click Next.
- Select the vCenter Server and the services you want to pair, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the pairing settings, and click Finish.
The protected and the recovery sites are connected. The pair appears under Site Pairs on the VMware Site Recovery Home tab.