You must activate VMware Site Recovery at the remote site on VMware Cloud™ on AWS.
Verify that you have deployed a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) on VMware Cloud™ on AWS.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click your SDDC, and then click Add-Ons.
- Select Site Recovery and click Activate.
- Select the default Site Recovery extension ID, or create a custom extension ID for this Site Recovery pair.
Default extension ID
Use this option when you install Site Recovery Manager in a standard configuration with one protected site and one recovery site.
Custom extension ID
Use this option when you install Site Recovery Manager:
In a shared recovery site configuration, with multiple protected sites and one recovery site.
In a single protected site configuration, with multiple recovery sites and a single protected site.
In a configuration where the same site is used as a protected site for recovery site A, and a recovery site for a different protected site B.
The custom extension ID must match the plug-in identifier in the paired on-premises site. The custom extension ID and the plug-in identifier are case-sensitive.
- Read the information on the Activate Site Recovery page and click Activate.
VMware Site Recovery is activated on your SDDC on VMware Cloud on AWS.
What to do next
Connect the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on the on-premises protected site and the recovery site on VMware Cloud™ on AWS. See Connect the Site Recovery Manager Server Instances on the Protected and Recovery Sites.