To use the VMware Site Recovery service, you must activate VMware Site Recovery at the recovery site on VMware Cloud™ on AWS.
- Verify that you have deployed a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) on VMware Cloud™ on AWS.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud on AWS Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click your SDDC, and then click Add-Ons.
- Select Site Recovery and click Activate.
- Read the information on the Activate Site Recovery page and click Activate.
- After the service activates, click Download on-premises components.
Note: The VMware Site Recovery license key is part of the subscription to the service, when you pair the Site Recovery Manager on-premises instance with the Site Recovery Manager instance on VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Site Recovery uses the cloud license.
VMware Site Recovery is activated on your SDDC on VMware Cloud on AWS.
What to do next
Deploy the vSphere Replication virtual appliance at the on-premises site.