Add a vCenter Server to the Skyline Collector.
A user account with the following vCenter Server permissions is required to configure vCenter Server for the product use data collection.
vCenter Server read-only role
For detailed instructions for how to create a user account with the above permissions, please see Knowledge Base Article 59661.
- On the Configuration page of the Skyline Collector, click vCenters.
- Click Add vCenter.
- Product instances configured for the product use data collection participate within the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). For information, visit: https://www.vmware.com/solutions/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the vCenter Server details.
- Enter the vCenter Server fully-qualified domain name (FQDN or IP address.
- Enter a vCenter Server user account username.
- Enter the vCenter Server user account password.
- If you are using an external Platform Services Controller (PSC), Single-Sign On (SSO) provider or have a custom SSO domain, toggle the Use Custom SSO Configuration switch to Yes.
- Enter the PSC/SSO server or fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address.
- If you are using the default PSC/SSO provider configuration, you DO NOT have to complete the Advanced Options (optional) text boxes. You only have to complete the SSO Admin URL, SSO STS URL , and Lookup Service URL if you specified a custom configuration during the deployment of your PSC or SSO provider.
For additional details regarding your PSC/SSO provider configuration, please see the vCenter Server vpxd.cfg file.
In vCenter Server Appliance 6.x, the vpxd.cfg file is located at /etc/vmware-vpx/.
In Windows Server, the vpxd.cfg file is located at C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware
In vCenter Server 6.0, the vpxd.cfg file is located at C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vmware-vpx.
- If you do not want to collect product use data from all data centers connected to the vCenter Server you are configuring, toggle the Collect from all data centers switch to No, then click Add. An invalid certificate warning might appear. The certificate is expected, click Continue. Select the checkbox next to each data center that you want to collect product use data for. When finished selecting data centers, click Enable Selected Datacenters.
- To add this vCenter Server to the Skyline Collector, click Add .
You will now receive proactive findings for the vCenter Server added to Skyline Collector. Repeat this process to add additional vCenter Servers to Skyline Collector.
Disabling product use data collection from data centers might prohibit VMware from providing an optimal support experience.