Add a Horizon View Connection Server to the Skyline Collector.
A user account with the following Horizon View permissions is required to add Horizon View to the Skyline Collector.
Horizon 7 Administrators (read-only) predefined role.
The Horizon 7 Administrators (read-only) predefined role has the following user capabilities within Horizon 7.
View, but not modify, global settings and inventory objects.
View, but not modify, ThinApp applications and settings.
Run all PowerShell commands and command line utilities, including vdmexport but excluding vdmadmin, vdmimport and lmvutil.
More information about the predefined Administrator roles in Horizon View can be found here.
- On the Configuration page of the Skyline Collector, click Horizon View.
- Click Add Horizon View.
- Product instances configured for the product use data collection participate within the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). For information, visit: https://www.vmware.com/solutions/trustvmware/ceip.html. Click Continue.
- Enter the Horizon View Connection Server details.
- Enter the Horizon View Connection Server fully-qualified domain name or IP address.
- Enter a Horizon View Connection Server user account username.
- Enter the Horizon View Connection Server user account password.
- Click Add to complete the process of adding the Horizon View Connection Server to the Skyline Collector.
You will now receive proactive findings for the Horizon View Connection Server added to Skyline Collector. Repeat this process to add additional Horizon View Connection Servers to the Skyline Collector.