You can add a Horizon Connection Server to the Skyline Collector.
For detailed instructions for how to create a user account with the given permissions, see Knowledge Base Article 59661.
The following role/privileges are required for the account used to add the Horizon Connection Server to the Skyline Collector. These role/privileges are sufficient for both collecting product usage data, and transferring support bundles with Log Assist.
Administrator (read-only) Role
Collect Operation Logs
If you are using Skyline Collector version 2.3, or below, you must create a new role for Horizon View with the Collect Operations Logs privilege. The role must be named LogCollector.
For Skyline Collector version 2.4, there is no requirement to name the role LogCollector.
- Follow these steps to add a Horizon Connection Server to the Skyline Collector.
- Enter the FQDN/IP Address of the Horizon Connection Server.
- Enter a Account Username for connecting to the Horizon Connection Server, from the Skyline Collector. This account must have the minimum required privileges, as detailed within the Prerequisites.
- Enter the Account Password.
- To complete adding the Horizon Connection Server to the Skyline Collector, click Add.