Create a Cloud Services Organization. A Cloud Services Organization is a logical container for all your VMware Cloud Services.
A Cloud Services Organization allows for identity and access management, billing and subscriptions, development, and support center.
Ensure you are using a My VMware account that is associated with the higest-tier of support entitlement that your company has purchased (Production / Premier), and is associated with all Entitlement Accounts (EAs) where you open Support Requests today.
See Knowledge Base Article 2011009 for details regarding your My VMware account information.
- After clicking Get Started, a new web browser page, or tab, will open. You will be asked to sign-in with your VMware account. If you have an existing My VMware account, you can use those same account details (email address / password) to sign-in to Cloud Services.
- If you are existing VMware Cloud Services customer, you can choose an existing Cloud Services Organization for Skyline. If you have never used VMware Cloud Services, click Create New Organization.
- Enter a Organization Name. Name your Organization something meaningful, that can be easily referenced by both you, and VMware. For example, name your Organization after you Company, or Business name. You can also append a line-of-business, division, or team, to the end of your Company or Business name.
The following are example Organization Names:
Company, LOB, Company LOB, Company-vSphere, Company-Desktop
- Enter an Address for your Organization. Click Add Address. You can also choose an existing address, if one was found for your account. If you choose an existing address, skip to substep f.
During the creation of your Cloud Services Organization, your country currency, and Tax ID, may be displayed. The displaying of this information is a construct of Cloud Services. Skyline is available at no additional cost, and you will not be required to enter any payment details while adopting Skyline.
- Select a Country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your street address on Address Line 1, and Address Line 2 (optional).
- Enter your City.
- Enter your State/Province.
- Enter your Zip/Postal Code.
- Review the Cloud Services Terms of Service. Click the checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click Continue.
You have created a Cloud Services Organization. You can manage your Cloud Services Organization within the Cloud Console.