Associate your support entitlement with your Cloud Services Organization. Also, download, install, and register the Skyline Collector with your Cloud Services Organization.
To complete adoption of Skyline, you must complete the following steps provided within the Skyline Organization wizard:
Associate Support Entitlement
Download, and install the Skyline Collector
Register the Skyline Collector with your Cloud Services Organization
Have previously created a Cloud Services Organization.
- Click Associate Support Entitlement to associate your Production, or Premier, Support entitlement with your Cloud Services Organization. Once associated, click Proceed to Next Step.
The level of support entitlement associated with your Cloud Services Organization is displayed.
- Click the Download Skyline Collector hyperlink to download the Skyline Collector OVA from My VMware. After downloading the Skyline Collector OVA, click Proceed to Next Step.
- Click the Access the Installation & Configuration Guide to view documentation for assisting in the installation and configuration of the Skyline Collector. Click Proceed to Next Step. See Deploy OVF Template to begin installing the Skyline Collector.
- Click Create New Token to generate a registration token for the Skyline Collector. Tokens are valid for 12 hours. You will use this token during the initial configuration of the Skyline Collector. Copy the token to your clipboard, then click Proceed to Next Step.
- The Manage Existing Collectors step is meant for existing Skyline customers, whom must migrate from My VMware to Cloud Services. You can ignore this step. Click Proceed to Next Step.
- The final step provides a hyperlink for quick access to Skyline Advisor. We recommend bookmarking this link. You can now close your web-browser.
This completes the process for adopting Skyline. Skyline Advisor will begin populating 12-72 hours after you complete the initial configuration of your Skyline Collector. This includes adding a minimum of one product to your Skyline Collector, such as a vCenter Server.
What to do next
If there are additional individuals in your business that need access to Skyline Advisor, use Identity & Access Management within Cloud Services to add users to Skyline Advisor.