Updated on: 15 OCTOBER 2020
VMware Skyline Collector™ 2.6 Release Notes | 15 October 2020
NOTE: These Release Notes do not provide the terms applicable to your license. Consult the VMware Product Guide and VMware End User License Agreement for the license metrics and other license terms applicable to your use of VMware Skyline Collector.
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About VMware Skyline Collector
- What's New in this Release
- Feature Enhancements
- Resolved Issues
- Upgrade Instructions
VMware Skyline™ is a proactive self-service support solution aligned with VMware Global Support Services. VMware Skyline automatically and securely collects, aggregates, and analyses product usage data to proactively identify potential issues, security vulnerabilities, impacts to usability, and configuration recommendations. Additionally, Skyline Log Assist assists VMware Technical Support Engineers improve time-to-troubleshooting.
VMware Skyline enables richer, more informed interactions between customers and VMware without extensive time investments by Technical Support Engineers. These capabilities transform support operations from reactive, break/fix to a proactive, predictive, and prescriptive experience that produces an even greater return on your VMware support investment.
For more information, see VMware Skyline.
VMware Cloud Foundation Support
Skyline now supports VMware Cloud Foundation v4.1 and above. Skyline identifies management and workload domains, and surfaces VMware Cloud Foundation-based Findings within Skyline Advisor.
A user account with the SDDC Manager Viewer Role is required to successfully add VMware Cloud Foundation to Skyline.
Follow these steps to add VMware Cloud Foundation to the Skyline Collector:
- In the Skyline Collector, click Configuration.
- Under PRODUCTS, click VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Add VMware Cloud Foundation (SDDC Manager) to the Skyline Collector.
The deployment of the Skyline Collector is supported on VMware products and solutions that are Generally Available and have not met their End of General Support date.
- Resolved an issue where vRealize Operations configuration fails if certificate has been renewed, due to an expired certificate not being removed from the certificate chain.
- Resolved an issue where the Skyline Collector loses network configuration settings after an upgrade or restart, in case of manual override via VAMI.
Follow these steps to upgrade to this version of VMware Skyline Collector:
- Open a web browser and enter the URL for the Skyline Collector VAMI: https://
- Log in using the root username and password.
- Click Login.
- Click Update.
- Click Check Updates.
- If an update is available, click Install Updates.
If Check Updates does not return that an Update is available, verify that your Skyline Collector virtual appliance can access vapp-updates.vmware.com over port 443.