You can add, edit, or delete NSX-T to/from the Skyline Collector. NSX-T includes the Management Nodes, Edge Clusters, Edge Nodes, and Edge Transport Nodes.
Follow these steps to add, edit, or delete NSX-T to/from the Skyline Collector:
For NSX-T, the NSX Auditor role does not have sufficient permissions to generate and collect support bundles from NSX-T objects. To generate and collect support bundles from NSX-T objects, a user account with the NSX Administrator role is required. Therefore, you have two options for adding NSX-T to a Skyline Collector.
For the collection of product usage data only:
If an account with the NSX Auditor role is used to add NSX-T, the following is displayed within Skyline Advisor:
On the Collector Details page, the Status of NSX-T is:
On the Initiate Log Transfer page, the privileges check for NSX-T fails.
If using an account with the NSX Auditor role, you cannot transfer support bundles to VMware GSS using Skyline Log Assist.
For the collection of both product usage data, and transferring support bundles with Log Assist:
NSX Enterprise Administrator
You must assign the required permission to a user account. Assigning the required permission to a group, and using a user account within that group to add NSX-T to the Skyline Collector fails the privileges check within the Skyline Advisor.
- In the Skyline Collector, click Configuration.
- Under Products, click NSX-T.
- Choose one of the following three options:
To add NSX-T to the Skyline Collector, click Add NSX-T. To add NSX-T to the Skyline Collector, follow the given steps.
To edit NSX-T, click Edit.
You can only edit the following properties for NSX-T:
After you have finished editing NSX-T, click Update.
To delete NSX-T from the Skyline Collector, click Delete.
Deleting NSX-T removes it from the Skyline Collector, and disables the collection of product usage data for all NSX-T objects. Findings, Upgrade Recommendations, and Log Assist will not be available for the deleted NSX-T environment.
- After clicking Add NSX-T, follow these steps to add an NSX-T to the Skyline Collector.
- Enter the FQDN/IP Address of the NSX-T Manager nodes cluster virtual IP address (VIP). See Configure a Virtual IP Address for a Cluster (NSX-T Data Center documentation) for more details.
- Enter a Account Username for connecting to the NSX-T Manager nodes cluster VIP.
- Enter the Account Password.
- To complete adding NSX-T to the Skyline Collector, click Add.
NSX-T has been added to the Skyline Collector. Repeat these steps to add additional NSX Managers to the Skyline Collector.