Choose to automatically upgrade the Skyline Collector when a new version is made available.
When a new version of the Skyline Collector is made available, there are two options for upgrading your Skyline Collector.
1. When a new version is detected, manually upgrade using notification banner that will appear in the Skyline Collector web interface.
2. Automatically upgrade by enabling Auto-Upgrade in the Skyline Collector web interface.
If you enable Auto-Upgrade, you no-longer have to complete the manual process of upgrading your Skyline Collector.
The Skyline Collector must be able to communicate with vapp-updates.vmware.com. For more details regarding networking requirements, see the Skyline Planning and Deployment Guide.
- In the Skyline Collector, Click Configuration.
- Under Collector, click Auto-Upgrade.
- To Enable Auto-Upgrade, toggle the switch to the right. The switch states Yes, and turns Green .
- Using the dropdown menu, pick a day of the week for the Skyline Collector to check for and install updates, if available.
- Using the dropdown menu, pick a time of the day for the Skyline Collector to check for and install updates, if available.
- To save your settings, click Set Upgrade Configuration.
If enabled, your Skyline Collector will check for updates on the day/time that you have chosen. If an update is available, your Skyline Collector will automatically be upgraded.