Updated on: 16th November 2021
VMware Skyline Collector™ 3.0 Release Notes | 16th Nov 2021
NOTE: These Release Notes do not provide the terms applicable to your license. Consult the VMware Product Guide and VMware End User License Agreement for the license metrics and other license terms applicable to your use of VMware Skyline Collector.
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
About VMware Skyline
VMware Skyline™ is a proactive self-service support solution aligned with VMware Global Support Services. VMware Skyline automatically and securely collects, aggregates, and analyses product usage data to proactively identify potential issues, security vulnerabilities, impacts to usability, and configuration recommendations. Additionally, Skyline Log Assist assists VMware Technical Support Engineers to improve time-to-troubleshooting.
VMware Skyline enables richer, more informed interactions between customers and VMware without extensive time investments by Technical Support Engineers. These capabilities transform support operations from reactive, break/fix to a proactive, predictive, and prescriptive experience that produces an even greater return on your VMware support investment.
For more information, see VMware Skyline.
What's New in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
Skyline Collector 3.0
With the release of Skyline Collector 3.0, you need to upgrade from PhotonOS 2 to Photon OS 3.
- Added customer-centric certificate store to be used for importing custom certificates. Previously customer certificates were added to the default java certificate store and did not persist during upgrades.
- Data collection and data upload performance improvements.
- Photon OS 3 package updates for enhanced security and compliance.
The deployment of the Skyline Collector is supported on VMware products and solutions that are Generally Available and have not met their End of General Support date.
- Resolved an issue where the customers were unable to add the latest version of vRealize Automation to the Skyline Collector.
- Fixed the vRealize Automation and vRealize Lifecycle Manager product types that were not part of the template file used for bulk import.
- Resolved an issue where the upload was blocked when raw payload relates to vCenter with connectivity issues.