Using VM console and commands user details can be reset or updated.
Verify that you have root user credentials for the OS where VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is installed.
Verify that you able to SSH or open VM Console from vSphere Client to a VM where VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is installed .
Verify that you can log in using shd-admin credentials to VM Console.
For more information about enabling the root user login on Photon OS, see : https://vmware.github.io/Photon/assets/files/html/3.0/Photon_troubleshoot/permitting-root-login-with-ssh.html
- Open the Photon VM Console using vCenter Server user interface or SSH to Photon VM.
- Log in to VM where VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is installed as root user.
- To invoke the user manager run command shd-user from the terminal.
- When prompted, enter the password for shd-admin
- You must set the password for shd-admin now if you did not set it during the install process.
- To change password, select option 3. Change password for a user.
- To reset the password, select option 4. Reset password for a user.
- When prompted, enter the user name for which the action to be performed.
- If prompted, enter the current password to verify the password.
- Enter the new password and confirm it.
The password must contain at least 8 characters, have characters from 2 classes of Group 1 and 1 from Group 2.
Valid Character Class Group 1: [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9]
Valid Character Class Group 2: [~!@#$%^&]
The password is successfully changed for the user.