API Explorer retrieves the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics REST APIs from a selected endpoint to give you information and context around API calls. The API documentation is hosted on the swagger client which can be accessed from VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics client or accessing the direct link
As an operator, you might want to explore and use VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics REST APIs for various reasons. Support for below schemas are available now:
Authentication: For authentication & authorization by using login credentials.
Offline Analysis: Log bundle from local or remote server can be uploaded for analysis.
SHD Management: Details about presently deployed configurations of SHD.
Tasks: Monitor and view analysis status by using this API.
Workflow Reports: Download the HTML analysis report (
x-gzipand Base64 encoded).
Workflow Summary: Analysis details in JSON format.
You should have valid login credentials for VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
- Log in to the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics UI using the supported browser.
- In the top-menu, click
to explore the available REST APIs from swagger interface
You should be redirected to VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics, swagger documentation link.
The swagger API documentation can also be accessed from
- Click POST under Authentication and Try out. Enter the username and password (base64 Encoded value) and click Execute.
- Copy the value of access_token from the response body, click Authorize button on top right of the page, enter the access_token value and click Authorize button.
- For performing authorization using access_token, please follow below steps:
- Copy the value of access_token from response body.
- Click Authorize button on top right of the page.
- Enter the access_token value and click Authorize button.
- Close the popup post successful validation of token.
- Explore and use APIs hosted on the page.
As an operator, you can use the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics APIs to perform operation automatically and you no manual steps to execute any operations.