You can install VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere using the downloaded ISO.
Verify that the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere image is uploaded to a datastore.
Verify that you can access vSphere Infrastructure with privileges required for managing the virtual machine settings and interacting with virtual machine using console.
Verify that the Photon OS VM is powered off.
- In vSphere Client, right-click the Photon OS VM, select Edit Settings.
- Click the arrow next to the CD/DVD drive 1 device to expand the section. Click Browse to select the uploaded vmware-shd-2.0.2.iso file.
- If the Connect at Power On check box is not selected, click to select it. Then click OK to close the Edit Settings window.
- Power on the virtual machine and open the virtual machine console.
- Log in to the guest OS as root with the password set at the time of installation.
- To mount the attached ISO, run mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom.
- To start the installation by executing install script, run sh /mnt/cdrom/install.sh.
VMware Skyline Health Diagnostic for vSphere is installed, and next step of user management is initiated automatically.
What to do next
Configure a password for the admin account.