Due to the security policies in your organization, you may not want VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics to have the Internet connectivity. But you might want to install the new version of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
You do not need to create the user again while updating or upgrading. The upgrade from previous version retains the user and application generated data as it is.
Verify that you have an shd-admin user account to access the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere.
Verify that you have valid user credentials and privileges to vSphere infrastructure where you want to update or upgrade the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere.
Datastore.Browse datastore on the datastore.
Datastore.Low level file operations on the datastore.
Virtual machine.Snapshot management.Create snapshot privilege on the virtual machine.
Virtual machine.Snapshot management.Remove Snapshot privilage on the virtual machine.
Verify that you can access vSphere Infrastructure with privileges required for managing the virtual machine settings and interacting with virtual machine using console.
Verify that you can open the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics in the browser window.
Verify that you have downloaded the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics latest version ISO , see Download VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere Image
- Log in to the vCenter HTML5 client.
- Identify the VM running VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics and power off the VM.
- Take the snapshot of the VM using VMware vSphere client having VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics installed. See Take Snapshot of Virtual Machine for further help.
- In the vCenter HTML5 Client, select the Storage tab in the left pane of vSphere Client.
- Select the datastore to which you upload the files from the datastore inventory.
- (Optional) On the Files tab, click the New Folder icon to create a folder.
- Select a folder and click the Upload Files icon.
- Browse to the downloaded VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics ISO image, select it, and click Open . The ISO upload time vary, depending on file size and network upload speed.
- Refresh the datastore file browser and verify that the uploaded files are present.
- Update or upgrade by following the steps mentioned in Install VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere.
- After the installation process, you can log out from the shell and verify the installation by logging into HTML5 UI
The VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics updated or upgraded to the latest version.
What to do next
To verify that the upgrade is successful see Verify the Update or Upgrade of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is Successful.