You can connect to VMware vCenter Server and select vSAN-Health Check to get the health report of the vSAN Clusters by collecting logs and other information. Successful analysis generates the detailed report having the list of issues in VMware vSAN Storage.
The VMware vSAN storage Health Check plug-in has health checks related to the VMware vSAN Storage Clusters.
Verify that you have login credentials for VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
Verify that you have the VMware vCenter Server user name and password.
Verify that the VMware vCenter Server has administrative roles and permissions to collect logs and health information.
Verify that the VMware vCenter user has following privileges
- Log in to the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics UI using a supported browser.
- In the top-menu, click
The Connect to vCenter Details Dialog box opens.
- Enter the vCenter Server hostname or IP address in vCenter Server text box.
If vCenter Server is not running on default port 443, append the port number to the hostname or IP address with colon.
- Enter the vCenter Server user name in the Username text box.
- Enter the password for the user in the Password text box.
- If the vCenter Server uses the self-signed certificate please check Skip SSL Check else de-select it.
- Click Check Connection. This action validates the credential by performing a login to the given vCenter Server.
- To ensure the connection is happening the intended vCenter the thumbprint of the vCenter Server will be presented to you. You must validate the thumbprint before proceeding further.
- Click Run Diagnostics.
The Select Clusters windows displays all the vSAN enabled clusters in vCenter Server.
- Select the vSAN Health Check plug-ins check box.
Select vSAN Health Check plug-in
- To run diagnostics, select cluster by clicking the check box of the respective cluster.
- Select vCenter Server if you want to analyze the vCenter Server.
- Click Validate.
Submit for Analysis window displays the input field Tag Name.
- Provide the Tag Name to remember the analysis. The tagging helps in quick search of the analysis report afterwards.
- Click Finish on the Submit for Analysis window.
Log and Health information collection start, the Tasks frame shows the progress. VI\VMware Cloud Foundation Admin can see the progress as follows:
- After the analysis is complete, click Show Report icon to view the Save or View or Delete analysis report option.
- To download the analysis report, click the Download icon.