In default configuration all the Analysis Reports are saved perpetually. You can configure automatic deletion of past reports after a fixed retention period.
Verify that you have root user credentials for the OS where VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is installed.
Verify that you can SSH to a VMware SHD Appliance/VM or open the VM Console from vSphere Client as root user
For more information about enabling the root user log in on Photon OS, see :https://vmware.github.io/Photon/assets/files/html/3.0/Photon_troubleshoot/permitting-root-login-with-ssh.html (This step is not required for VMware SHD Appliance as by default root login via SSH is enabled)
- Open VMware SHD Appliance/VM console using vCenter Server user interface or SSH
- Login as the root user.
- To change the current directory, run command
- To back-up the current configuration file, run command
cp vmware-shd.conf vmware-shd.conf.back.
- To edit the configuration file using vim editor, run command vim vmware-shd.conf.
- In vi editor, press the Insert key to switch to the edit mode.
- Change the value for the field retention under [reports] section.
This value must be entered as number and denotes days of retention
- To save and exit the editor, press Esc key and type :wq.
- To restart the services run command
systemctl restart vmware-shd.
Auto Deletion of Analysis Reports is enabled. Reports will be deleted automatically post the configured retention period