You can deploy VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics using a pre-configured OVA image.
Deploying new instance of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics Appliance.
Verify that you have downloaded the OVA Image for VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
Verify that you can access vSphere Infrastructure with privileges required for creating and interacting with virtual machine.
Verify that you have network configuration details for the virtual appliance being deployed.
- Using the vSphere Client connected to vCenter Server, right-click the host/Data Center you want to deploy the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics Virtual Appliance
- Click Deploy OVF Template to start the deployment wizard.
- Click on UPLOAD FILES option and select the OVA Image file of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics and click NEXT.
- Enter an appropriate Name for the Virtual Appliance.
- Optionally select the destination folder for the VM and click NEXT.
- Follow the Wizard to select Compute Resource and click NEXT.
- Verify the OVA template details and click NEXT.
- Accept the VMWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT and click NEXT.
- Select the destination storage and optionally format and storage policy and click NEXT.
- Select the Port group to which you want the appliance to connect and click NEXT.
- In the "Customize Template" page enter the details.
Note on Password
The password must contain at least 8 characters, have characters from at least 2 classes from Group 1 (lowercase alphabet, uppercase alphabet and numbers) and at least 1 character from the class group 2 (Special Characters)
Valid Character Class Group 1:
[a-z], [A-Z], [0-9]
Valid Character Class Group 2:
- Enter a strong password for root user account (OS User).
- Enter a strong password for shd-admin user account.
Same password rules as applicable for root user account applies here.
- Leave theIP address or FQDN field empty if you are deploying the instance for the first time or re-building from the scratch.
- Enter a suitable host-name for the appliance.
- Enter IPV4 Network Configuration Details (Leave blank if you are planning to use DHCP for assigning IP Address).
- Click NEXT.
- Review the details and click Finish.
- After the deployment is complete, Power on the virtual machine.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes for the OS to boot and finish the initial configuration.
VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics Appliance is deployed and configured.