You can create an operator account using commands on the Photon VM console that has VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics installed .
Verify that you have root user credentials for the Photon OSwhere you have installed VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere.
Verify that you have password for shd-admin user.
For more information about enabling the root user log in on Photon OS, see: https://vmware.github.io/Photon/assets/files/html/3.0/Photon_troubleshoot/permitting-root-login-with-ssh.html
- Open VM Console from the vCenter Server user interface or SSH to Photon VM.
- Log in to VM where VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics for vSphere is installed as a root user.
- To invoke the user Manager, run the command shd-admin.
- Enter the password for the user shd-admin.
You must set shd-admin password now if you did not set it during the install process.
- To add a user, select the option 2. Add new user account.
- To set a user name and password for this new account.
The password must contain at least 8 characters, have characters from 2 classes of Group 1 and 1 from Group 2.
Valid Character Class Group 1: [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9]
Valid Character Class Group 2: [~!@#$%^&]
A new operator account is created.