You can verify the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics update/upgrade is successful with few simple checks.
Verify that you have an shd-admin user account to access the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
Verify that you can open the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics in the browser window.
Verify that VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is connected to Internet.
Verify that you have Virtual machine.Snapshot management.Remove Snapshot privilege on the virtual machine having VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics installed.
- On-Successful upgrade, log in to SHD HTML5 user interface as shd-admin.
- Click Settings -> About tab and take the note of version information. It should display the version you downloaded to upgrade to.
- ClickTool Update , and navigate to section Download History Summary &Upgrade History Summary . You can ensure these sections are displaying latest version you downloaded. If the version information is consistent , it means that the update or upgrade is successful.
- If Upgrade version Summary or About section information is not updated with latest downloaded or intended version, it means that the update or upgrade operation has failed. Please collect the log bundle and send email to email@example.com.
- If the update or upgrade is successful, Delete the snapshot of the VM if the above validation is successful.
- If the update or upgrade fails, revert to the snapshot taken before the upgrade and then delete the snapshot.
You have successfully verified the update or upgrade of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
What to do next