if VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics connected to Internet, you can update or upgrade to the latest version with simple steps and ease.
Verify that you have an shd-admin user account to access the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics.
Verify that you can open the HTML5 user interface of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics in the browser window.
Verify that VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is connected to Internet.
Verify that you have the Virtual machine.Snapshot management.Create snapshot privilege on the virtual machine.
Verify that you have Virtual machine.Snapshot management.Remove Snapshot privilage on the virtual machine.
- Log in to vCenter HTML5 Client.
- Take the snapshot of the VM having VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics installed. Refer Take Snapshot of Virtual Machine for more information.
- Log in to Skyline Health Diagnostics as shd-admin.
- Click the Settings tab in the top menu.
- Click the Upgrade & History in the left pane.
- Click the Tool Update tab.
- To check whether new updates are available, click the CHECK TOOL UDATES. If new updates are available, a download option is enabled.
- To download the update, click the DOWNLOAD UPDATES (This option is available only for the shd-admin user)
- Confirm that the version is visible in Download History Summary.
- After the confirmation, restart the VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics appliance.
VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics updated or upgraded to the latest version.
What to do next
Verify that the operation is successful using the steps mentioned in Verify the Update or Upgrade of VMware Skyline Health Diagnostics is Successful