This section describes how to add a vCenter Server to the Skyline Collector.
A user account with the following permissions in vCenter Server is required to configure vCenter Server for product usage data collection.
Built-in vCenter Server read-only
Global > License
- Enter the vCenter Server details.
- Enter the vCenter Server IP address or fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Enter the vCenter Server read-only user account Username.
- Enter the Password for the user account specified in the previous step.
- If you are using an external Platform Services Controller (PSC), Single-Sign On (SSO) provider or have a custom SSO domain, toggle the Use Custom SSO Configuration switch to Yes.
- Enter the PSC/SSO server IP address or fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).
- If you are using the default PSC/SSO provider configuration, you do not need to complete the Advanced Options (optional) fields. Complete the SSO Admin URL, SSO STS URL and Lookup Service URL only if you specified a custom configuration during the deployment of your PSC or SSO provider.
- If you do not want to collect product usage data from all data centers connected to the vCenter Server you are configuring, toggle the Collect from all Datacenters switch to No, then click Add. An invalid certificate warning may appear. This is expected, click Continue. Select the checkbox next to each data center that you want to collect product usage data for. When finished selecting data centers, click Enable Selected Datacenters.
- Click Add to complete the addition of vCenter Server to the Skyline Collector for product usage data collection.
Disabling product usage data collection from data centers may prohibit VMware from providing an optimal support experience.