This installation procedure describes the steps of DCF installation in the Graphical Interface.
- Ensure that you have a login with root privileges to run the installer.
- Download the installation file from support.vmware.com and place it in a temporary location on the server.
- Login to the server as root.
- Type “./release-1.0.0.<build_number>.bin –i gui” to run the installer in the graphical installer mode, press Enter.
Installer introduction appears.
- Click Next to continue.
License agreement appears.
- Select the checkbox “I agree to the terms of the License agreement” and click Next.
Installer prompts to choose an install folder.
- Click Next to accept the default or choose a location for the install folder.
This is the location where DCF will be installed.Note: If Install folder already contains DCF folder, Installer cancels the installation and exits.
- Installer prompts to enter the Controller port. Press Enter to choose the default port.
This is the port on which DCF-CONTROLLER service will start. Port number must be between 1 to 65535. If wrong port number is entered, Installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the Port details.
- The installer prompts to enter the Controller user name. Click Next to choose the default user name.
Installer Prompts for Controller Password.
- Enter Controller Password and Confirm the Password when Installer prompts.
Note: Password must not leave blank. You must enter the password. These user name and password is required to authenticate REST calls.
If passwords are not matched, installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the password at step 8.
- Installer prompts to enter MongoDB URI. Click Next to choose the default URI.
- Installer prompts to enter the MongoDB User Name. Click Next to choose the default user name.
- Installer prompts to enter MongoDB Password, enter the Password and Confirm Password when installer prompts for confirmation. The password must not be left blank.
Note: Make sure these user name and password are same as the password created during MongoDB setup. If passwords do not match, installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the password at step 11.
- Click Next to continue when pre-install summary is displayed.
Note: Installer triggers rollback action on any kind of failure. Except DCF_Logs all files and folders will be uninstalled. Errors can be seen inside “DCF_Logs/INSTALL_ERR.log”.
- Click Done to exit the installer when Install Completed message displays.
DCF installation is completed.