DCF can be installed on the platform of supported Linux hosts. This procedure specifically uses the Linux installation procedure as an example.
- Installation server must have bash installed.
- Installation server must have zip installed.
- Installation server must have installed curl utility.
MongoDB must be already installed along with first MongoDB user. Refer Installing MongoDB for more information.
- When you install DCF on a Linux Platform, assign executable permissions to the installation script.
- Ensure that you have a login with root privileges to run the installer.
- Download the installation file from https://support.vmware.com and place it in a temporary location on the server.
- Login server as root.
- Type "./release-1.0.0.<build_number>.bin -i console" to run the installer in the console- based installer mode, press EnterThe introduction command prompt screen appears.
- Press Enter to continue. License agreement appears.
- PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE TO READ LICENSE AGREEMENT OR PRESS '0' to ADVANCE TO END. Press Enter.
- Press 'Y' + 'Enter' to accept the license agreement.
- Installer prompts to choose an install folder. Press Enter to accept the default or enter a non-existing folder location for the install folder.
This is the location where DCF will be installed.Note: If Install folder already contains DCF folder, installer cancels the installation and exits.
- Installer prompts to enter the Controller port. Press Enter to choose the default port.
DCF-CONTROLLER service will start in this port. Port number must be between 1 to 65535. If wrong port number is entered, installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the Port details.
- Enter the Controller user name when installer prompts. Press Enter to choose the default user name.
- Enter Controller Password and confirm the password when installer prompts.
The password must not leave blank. You must enter the password.
These user name and password is required to authenticate REST calls.
If passwords are mismatched, installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the password at step 9.
- Installer prompts to enter MongoDB URI. Press Enter to choose the default URI.
- Installer prompts to enter the MongoDB User Name. Press Enter to choose the default user name.
- Installer prompts to enter MongoDB Password, enter the Password and Confirm Password when prompts for confirmation. The password must not left blank.
Note: Make sure these user name and password are same as the password created during MongoDB setup. If passwords are mis matched, installer throws a validation error and redirects to re-enter the password at step 12.
- Press Enter to continue when pre-install summary is displayed.
Installation continues.Note: Installer triggers rollback action on any kind of failure. Except DCF_Logs all files and folders will be uninstalled. Errors can be seen inside “ DCF_Logs/INSTALL_ERR.log”.
- Press Enter to exit the installer when Install completed message displays.