To open the Global Console:
- Start the Global Console.
- On a Windows system, select Start > Programs > InCharge > VMware Smart Assurance Global Console.
- On a UNIX system, go to the BASEDIR/smarts/bin directory in the Service Assurance Manager (Global Manager) installation area and type:
The Attach Manager dialog box opens, as shown in Figure Attach Manager dialog box.
- In the dialog box:
- Ensure that the VMware Smart Assurance Broker for your deployment appears in the Broker text box.
- Click the Manager list box or the Browse button to display a list of active (running) Managers, and from that list select a Domain Manager (for example, INCHARGE-AM) or a Global Manager (for example, INCHARGE-SA) in your deployment as the Manager to which you want to connect.
- Type your login username and password.
- Click OK.
What console view opens at this point depends on whether you selected a Domain Manager or a Global Manager application.
If you selected a Domain Manager, a Topology Browser Console view of the Global Console will open by default, an example of which is shown in Figure Topology Browser Console. In the example display, the Topology Browser Console is attached to a Domain Manager named INCHARGE-AM.
If you selected a Global Manager, a Notification Log Console view of the Global Console will open by default, an example of which is shown in Figure Notification Log Console. In the example display, the Notification Log Console is attached to a Global Manager application named INCHARGE-SA.
The VMware Smart Assurance Service Assurance Manager Operator Guide provides detailed instructions on using the Global Console.