Once a third-party adapter is configured to work with Application Connectivity Monitor:
- The following topological elements are created for the third-party adapters in the Smarts Adapter Platform:
- SoftwareService instance
- Hosts related to SoftwareService instance using HostedBy
- The third-party events are mapped to the appropriate Smarts event:
- Classname is SoftwareService
- EventName to MinorSymptom, MajorSymptom, CriticalSymptom, or DownSymptom
- An occurredOn relationship is created between the notification and the topology element in the Adapter Platform.
- The topology for the relationship is created in the Adapter Platform.
- The topology created in the Adapter Platform is sent to Application Connectivity Monitor.
- Application Connectivity Monitor adds the topology from the Adapter Platform as a source.