Down is a root-cause problem that indicates that the process may be dead or hung. All checks for the software service are timing out. At least one software element check directly monitors the status of the service or monitors connections to the service.
Symptomatic events used to diagnose Down include:
- TCP Connectivity Check Timed Out
- Application Task Check Error
- Application Task Check Slow
- Software Service Critical Symptom
- Software Service Major Symptom
- Software Service Minor Symptom