To configure Server Manager to communicate with Orchestartor, specify the Orchestrator administrator credentials and the IP address of the Orchestrator host.
For this task, when you use the console, you need to have Smarts administrator credentials to open the Configure menu where you specify the Orchestrator credentials.
- At BASEDIR/smarts/bin, type the following command:
- Enter the following line for Orchestrator
# If the Orchestrator is VELOCLOUD then usertype must be provided in the below format
For Example: VCO_USERTYPE-xx.xx.xx.xx operator
- Restart the ESM server if it is already running to take above configuration changes into effect.
- Open the Service Assurance Manager Global Console attached to the Server Manager (INCHARGE-ESM, by default).
- In the Topology Browser Console, select Configure > Domain Manager Administration Console.
- Right-click the ESM server in the left pane and select Configure ESM credentials.
- In the Configure ESM credentials dialog box, select Orchestrator for the host type.
- Type values in the following fields:
IP address of the Orchestrator host.
Orchestrator user name. The VeloCloud user cab be an Operator user, MSP user, or Enterprise user. Only the operator user has the privilege to use the REST API that is used for discovery and monitoring.
Orchestrator administrator password for repective User ID.
- Click Apply credential with testing.
- Verify that orchestrator credentials are accepted for the orchestrator by checking the status indicator in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.
A green Passed test status indicates that the credentials are accepted. If the orchestrator credentials are not accepted, confirm that the credentials are correct and enter them again in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box. You can also check the log file to verify that Orchestrator credentials are accepted in the log file.
- Click Close.