A silent installation is an installation procedure that continues without user interaction. It requires no user intervention from start to finish. This installation is performed using a user-modifiable response file, which enables you to easily duplicate the installation on many computer systems.
|USER_INSTALL_DIR||Install directory for smarts-ui.|
Note: Use the created remote access token for Auth App for VIDM Authentication. Get the values of client ID, shared secret and VIDM host name from VIDM authentication server.
|VIDM_HOST_NAME||VIDM Host Name.|
|AUTH_PORT|| Auth Application Port.
Note: Port where Auth application will start.
|CAPI_IP_ADDRESS|| cAPI IP Address.
Enter the cAPI address in the format <IP:PORT>
|SSL_CONF_DIR|| Enter the ssl.conf location folder.
For example, /etc/httpd/conf.d
|KPI_ENABLED||To enable KPI set KPI_ENABLED to "Yes" else set to "No".|
|KPI_REST_API_URL|| KPI REST API URL.
Note: Enter the KPI REST API URL in the format <IP-ADDRESS:PORT> if KPI_ENABLED flag is set to Yes.
For example, KPI_REST_API_UR=127.0.0.1:8083. Or Else do not set the KPI_REST_API_URL, For example KPI_REST_API_UR=
- Copy the sample configuration file from the distribution (smartsui-installer.properties) to a directory on the server where you are installing smarts-ui.
- Use any editor (vi/vim) to modify this file.
- Define each of the properties in this file, according to the Table - Variables Property and Description. Save the changes to the file.
- Log in to the server as root.
- Type bash smartsui-install.bin –f <response file location> -i silent, press Enter.
Note: Any user interaction is not required for this installer. Once it completes, a message displays indicating that installation is completed, and you are returned to the shell prompt. If the installer is unable to complete the installation, an error message is saved in the [Product directory]/smarts-ui_logs.
What to do next
After successful Smart-UI installation, follow the steps provided in Export VIDM Certificate section to export and import VIDM certificates.