This section helps you to install K4M.
Procedure to install K4M:
- Login as root
- Copy installer file “vmware-k4m-VERSION-nogui-installer.bin” to host. This location is INSTALLER_DIR.
- Change to INSTALLER_DIR and modify permissions:
$ chmod +x vmware-k4m-VERSION-nogui-installer.bin
- Launch the installer and follow the prompts on the terminal till the installer completes installation:
- By default, VMware K4M is installed under /opt. Can be modified, must enter the absolute path to your location and modify scripts as mentioned in subsequent steps. Recommend to use default.
- Installation finished, with messages as displayed below:
Congratulations. VMware K4M <VERSION> has been successfully installed at: /opt/vmware-k4m PRESS <ENTER> TO EXIT THE INSTALLER:
Product is extracted to /opt/vmware-k4m (or your_location/vmware-k4m). You can refer to this location as VMWARE_K4M_HOME.
- VMWARE_K4M_HOME contains:
Note: Installation process and creates logs under INSTALLER_DIR/_VMware K4M_installer/logs. The . log file has the installation process details and the .txt file has information about the installer.