Use the following steps to migrate customizations from a 4.1.X version of Network Configuration Manager:
- Extract the file Data-Migration126.96.36.199.zip on the Application Server host. Recommended outside the NCM installed location.
- For migrating from 188.8.131.52, 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 use the scripts in folder 41Xto94. Go to the \Data-Migration-184.108.40.206\41Xto94\scripts\migration folder. For migration from NCM 220.127.116.11 use the scripts in folder 4111to94. Go to the \Data-Migration-18.104.22.168\4111to94\scripts\migration
The archived database data will not be migrated by default. If you would like to preserve the archived data from 4.x in your 9.4 installation, then it must be restored into the Network Configuration Manager 4.1.1 or higher database prior to executing the migration script. Use [product directory]\tools\archive-utility.pl to perform the restore.Note:
If you are migrating from Network Configuration Manager version 4.1.1 Patch 1, which was a security patch with a limited release, the lockbox passphrase and the database password provided in Network Configuration Manager version 4.1.1 Patch 1 should remain the same during the 9.4 installation.
- Run the script 9.4Migration_Backup.pl. A backup image file is created. Running this script will stop all the services.
The backup image file will be written to Data-Migration-22.214.171.124\41Xto94\scripts\migration \data-image directory.
- If you plan to use the same host for 9.4, uninstall Network Configuration Manager 4.1.X.
- Install Network Configuration Manager 9.4.
The Network Configuration Manager 9.4 installation should be same as Network Configuration Manager 4.1.1.x.
- If 9.4 is installed on a different host (other than 4.1.X), copy the Data-Migration-126.96.36.199.zip file to that host and extract it.
- Copy the backup image to the new 9.4 host. Go to the 41Xto94\scripts\migration folder.
- Run the script 9.4_DataRestore.pl with the backup image as argument. For example:
perl 9.4_DataRestore.pl <backup image>Note:
The 9.4_DataRestore.pl script is using Term::Readkey module of Strawberry Perl installed on the host. This module is used to hide the database and system administrator passwords on the console.
All the services are started after the successful migration. The 9.4_DataRestore.pl script automatically invokes the updateCredential.pl script. You are prompted for Network Configuration Manager System administrator credentials.
Type the system administrator credentials.