Redis Authentication is enabled for Eventstore mainly to make it secure and to reduce the vulnerability. The topic consists of:
- Post Installation of Redis Enabling the Authentication.
- Create Redis Cluster without replication and with authentication.
- Adding secondary to primary.
- Post Installation of Redis type the below commands to enable the Authentication:
replace 'requirepass <password>' with your password
replace 'masterauth <password>' with your passwordNote: Perform above config changes in all Redis instances and restart all Redis instances.
- Create Redis cluster without replication with authentication.
Example: For a 3 node cluster with three primary, below is the command:
./redis-cli --cluster create <redis-server-ip-1>:<port> <redis-server-ip-2>:<port> <redis-server-ip-3>:<port> -a <password>
- Add the secondary to primary, below is the command:
./ redis-cli --cluster add-node <redis-slave> <redis-master> --cluster-slave -a <password>Note: Execute above command to associate secondary node with each primary node.